Vegan Multi-Day Round Trip Rio de Janeiro
09 Days/08 Nights
Discover Rio and its astonishing Atlantic rain-forest surroundings in a round trip, focused on sustainability, responsible tourism, local culture, active tours and ecology with delicious vegan meals during the whole travel.
Being vegan can be quite changeling sometimes when traveling around the globe, hard to find good restaurants, and activities that suits our urge for a responsible, sustainable, cultural world together with our love for nature, animals and a good excellent plant-based meals, because we love to eat and eat well!
Perfect way to meet an international group of people with the same mindset and values and spent a great time together discovering a new destination in a different way than most roundtrips. Our groups are small (8-12pax) for a better interaction and less impact.
The trip is Carbon Free, since we compensate our footprints with planting of Atlantic rainforest native trees.
By booking this tour, you will be supporting financially an Animal Sanctuary/Adoption Project outside of Rio.
Day by Day Program:
Day 01 Thursday – Rio de Janeiro
Airport meet and greet and transfer to our accommodation in the famous neighborhood of Ipanema, great start with the fascinating beach/urban culture of Rio.
3 Course Welcome dinner at one of the top Vegan Restaurants of Rio.
Day 02 Friday – Rio de Janeiro
After our special prepared vegan breakfast, visit to the most world well known monument of Brazil, the Christ the Redeemer statue, with impressive views over the city.
Continuing the tour visit an organic vegetable and herbs urban community garden.
Meeting with a well known vegan chef and lunch at his restaurant.
After lunch return to the hotel and free time to relax.
3 Course Dinner at a cozy restaurant in Ipanema with delicious vegan options.
Day 03 Saturday – Rio de Janeiro
Cultural day in Rio visiting the old historical city center and the artistic and picturesque district of Santa Teresa.
Tastings at the main Organic Farmer’s Market of Rio.
Visit of the artsy and alternative district of Santa Teresa.
Enjoy the appetizing national dish of Brazil the Feijoada (vegan version)
Back to Ipanema and before coming to our hotel, visit to a food shop and get acquainted with the growing diversity of Brazilian products, cosmetics, snacks, sweets, cakes and more.
Night out at the bohemian district of Lapa. Dinner included.
Day 04: Sunday – Rio – Eco Village
Early departure, and ride along the scenic Costa Verde coastal road (4hours ride) to an Ecological Village Retreat in the middle of the Atlantic Rainforest.
Arrival at Eco Village.
Time to relax at the nearby waterfall
Evening: Brazilian Cooking Class: You’ll learn a delicious local Vegan dish, easy to cook to surprise your family and friends back home.
Vegan Dinner of what you just learned to cook.
Day 05 – Monday Eco Village
Bird watching Tour
Ecological walk with explanation about local medicinal plants and learn about the Brazilian less common (wild) edible plants in the nature.
Lunch and visit of the Ecological Village and get acquainted with its sustainable activities.
Relax at the natural river pools.
Day 06 – Tuesday Eco Village – Paraty - Mamanguá
Early meditation or Yoga Class.
Vegan breakfast, check out. Trip to Paraty colonial town.
Historical walking tour of Paraty, lunch and boat ride to the magnificent Brazilian tropical “fjord” Mamanguá.
Check in at our sustainable accommodation at Mamanguá time to relax, swim at the beach in front of the pousada and enjoy this untouched environment.
Day 07 – Thursday Mamanguá.
Kayaking and Jungle hike to a peak with fabulous views.
Vegan Lunch at a local community.
Free afternoon to relax
Day 08 –Friday Mamanguá - Rio
Transfer back to Rio.
Check in at hotel in Ipanema.
Special Farewell 5-course Vegan Menu, at a Brazilian fusion restaurant.
Day 09 – Saturday Rio de Janeiro
End of the trip, possible extension for the ones who’d love to discover more of Brazil.
Extension packages to the Amazon , Iguaçú falls , Pantantal or a combination of 2 or more.
Included in this trip:
- Airport meet and greet and transfer to 3* hotel in Ipanema.
- Vegan Tour leader.
- 4 nights at 3* Hotel in Ipanema w/ vegan breakfast
- Tour to the Christ the Redeemer, entrance included.
- Visit of local community herbs and vegetable garden
- All meals of the roundtrip included: 9 vegan breakfast. 8 Vegan Lunch and Dinners.
- Cultural Tour of Santa Teresa district and Historical City Center
- Visit of Organic Farmer’s Market with tasting of local products
- Lunch of the national dish Feijoada (vegan version) in Santa Teresa.
- Animal Protection Project Visit.
- Scenery ride through Costa Verde road to Eco Village
- 2 Nights at Eco Village Pousada – Full pension basis
- 3 Yoga classes.
- Hiking tour to the waterfall, and medicinal plant workshop.
- Culinary Class followed by dinner.
- Experience at local Organic Garden and visit at the Eco Village
- Ride to Paraty and Historical walking tour.
- Boat transfer to Tropical Fjord Mamanguá
- 2 Nights stay at the Tropical Fjord Sustainable Hotel.
- Kayak tour at the Mangrove and hike to Pão de Açúcar Peak.
- Transfer to Rio de Janeiro
- Farewell dinner at Restaurant 5 course meal.
- Personal Expenses
- Meals not on the trips description
- International Flights
- Health and Travel Insurance
- Visa costs
Tour in English, other languages available upon request.
Price per person in USD in double/twin room:
Based on 8-12 people Group.
From: USD1965,00 per person
Minimum of 08 pax to confirm the trip.
Fixed dates of the groups in 2018 -2019
18-26 of October 2018
06-14 of December 2018
10-18 of January 2019
Please consult us for further details.